these are the most yummiest cookies ever! and they’re gluten free! and i made these ones!
i found the original for this recipe HERE (check them out they have so many amazing stuff i want to be brave enough to try!) – though had to make a few tweaks for New Zealand ingreds and so have adapted it to work for me…
- 1 cup healtheries gluten free baking flour
- 1-2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olivani or equiv diary free butter (pams also has a dairy free marg)
- 4 tablespoons sweet william chocolate mud (dairy free, gluten free, nut free)
- 1 cup dairy free choc chips (pams dark choc drops)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 extra-large NO egg replacer
- ANOTHER 1-2 cup healtheries gluten free flour… see instructions
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. prepare baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, white sugar and brown sugar, and mix. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, heat the butter and sweet william chocolate spread until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and add half the choc chips. Mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Pour the bowl of dry ingredients into the pot, and mix to combine. Add the no egg replacer and mix until the cookie dough begins to come together. It will be wet but almost crumbly at first. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- IMPORTANT – EXTRA FLOUR – at this point i add almost another whole cup of healtheries gluten free flour – in parts, to make the dough more firmer. (the original mix was too wet for me – i think because of the differences in kiwi ingreds)
- Roll small parts of mix (1 teaspoon) tightly into a ball and then flatten with a spoon. i put 8-12 on a tray depending on how large i am making the cookies. a little ball can go a LONG way!
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies have spread and have a cracked appearance on top.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the cookies to cool slightly and then put on a baking rack. When they first come out of the oven, the cookies are very fragile, but will firm up quickly.
- makes approx 40-50 cookies