So how do we navigate the process?
1. recognize that WHERE YOU ARE RIGHT NOW is your NOW! And serve God in it! You are called for TODAY not just something out there in TOMORROW land. Be faithful today
2. recognize that there is a process to that dream – it will take obedience and growth and change and transformation and prayer. So get into that. Set goals and live your life leaning towards that dream. Are there things you can do today? Eg if you want to be a worship leader then join the worship team…
3. get into the Word – make it your life study to know God and His ways and His will and learn to hear His voice – become a person after His heart (like David) get into the Word and learn the promises of God – this is what you will live by!
4. be involved in a church – get stuck in and serve
5. surround yourself with good people who love jesus – people who can speak into your life, people who you’re mates with and people you can speak into
6. develop your passion for the call – read books, listen to podcasts, get skilled etc
7. Deal with the issues… if things keep on coming up (relationship issues, money problems, insecurities, authority, approval of man, repeated sin) then deal with them. Don’t let them hinder or entrap you. Don’t beat yourself up though about your mistakes. David married Bathsheba who is the mother of Solomon – the wisest king, and is in the linage of jesus. Learn from your mistakes and let them shape you for good. Disclaimer: that’s not licence for compromise but we are human and we all make mistakes and we all have vulnerabilities. Lets get real, it happens. But how you RESPOND to that is what counts. Repent and reform.
8. be aware distractions and dry times will come. This is where having an established relationship with God will help. This is where knowing His promises will help. This is where having a good group of people (friends/housegroup) who can encourage you and inspire you and walk with you and challenge you helps.
9. write the vision down – get a clear idea of what you’re called to do
10. have fun and enjoy your life…
The great things God will do through you are going to grow in the soil of persistence, prayer, obedience and sacrifice. That means there will be plenty of plowing and pruning. That’s the way living things grow, whether you’re talking about vegetables or vision. The process is a time of strengthening. The process is the place where you lay down your pride and learn to rely totally on God. Most importantly, the process is the way we grow to know God. And that’s really the whole point. Steven Furtick
The Big Question:
What has God called you to do? Does it freak you out? Can you see it?
What is the process you are going through now?
see I AM IN PROCESS #1 here
see I AM IN PROCESS #2 here
see I AM IN PROCESS #3 here
see I AM CALLED SERIES here
see I AM CREATED SERIES here
see I AM IN CHRIST SERIES here