You are currently browsing the daily archive for February 22, 2012.
totally pinched the questions from this post about THE SENIOR PASTORS WIFE (BOBBIE HOUSTON) over at LEADING AND LOVING IT today and thought i would give a go at giving my own answers… go and check out bobbie houstons – she’s wonderful!
1. What is your hobby? um, probably blogging and reading, i often have about 3 or 4 books on the go at once… i’m not very crafty at all. like at all. though i joke about knitting and embroidering (no offense to those that can…)
2. What is your idea of the perfect vacation? family, friends and good food, and places to see and go… a mixture of relaxing and adventuring!
3. How do you create a peaceful environment for your husband? to be honest, i am not the most domesticated chick… but i do try to clear a bit of the chaos and make sure i’ve done the things that i can control… like the washing away… i try to remember to make him coffee, because i know it makes him happy… i’m the extraverted one in the family and we’re both busy with family and BOT and church things and so keeping a bit of order and not changing things without notice, or too rapidly helps… this is definitely an area i can improve on. i also figure if I am at peace and refreshed then from my overflow the rest of the family will be too. the times our home is not at peace are usually when i am not at peace and am tired or grumpy…
4. What special little things does your husband do or say to show you he loves you? you know, its the small things that count. the kiss as he walks past, the laughing at me and with me, the chocolate bar he buys at the garage when he fills up the car… doing life together…
5. What would you say is a unique characteristic about each of your children? my son brings me much joy. he used to be uber uber change reluctant but has so grown out of his shell and is now adventurous and out there, but in still a more thoughtful way. i love the way his eyes sparkle when he is having fun and the way he gets totally passionate about a project or something he’s doing. my daughter is delightful. on the day she was born i put her up on my shoulder and she nuzzled in and God said “she is delightful” and she is. she brings many people joy and loves lavishly. she gives the sweetest cuddles, genuine affection, and is always on the move and always has something to say.
6. How did you know your husband was “the one” you were going to marry? funnily i told my mum that i had met this guy and was going to marry him, before i even told him i liked him. there was just something about him – his assuredness, his security, his unfazedness, his encouragingness, his love and evident commitment to God, that so drew me to him. and his amazing blue eyes… something just clicked. he is my once in a lifetime love and i knew within a few weeks that he was the one.
7. If you could do one thing all day long, what would that be? sleep? read? hang out with friends? go to the movies?
8. What is your most embarrassing moment? i’m kinda dorky and clutzy so probably have many… i fell over at the kids school the other day, not in front of my kids thank goodness but in front of a bunch of parents…
9. When are you the happiest? i have two categories… one is family happy, when i am with my family and doing things, even simple things like reading with them, snuggled up close and sharing a moment, or watching a dvd in the evening with my husband… and the other is ministry happy… i’m so happy today because of some things that happened in our housegroup last night and what God is doing in their lives. i feel alive and happy when i preach, and the other night i prayed with a young woman and she got set free from some stuff and it was glorious to see God at work. both so satisfy me and make me happy.
10. What do your friends & family say you are really good at? talking, encouraging, baking, organising, preaching, communicating…
11. What is the best leadership lesson you have learned lately? that i am who God has made me to be and He wants to move and use me, maximise the gifts HE has given me and that i should relax into that and let Him shine. i can do all things through His strength and grace and that i am the right person for the moment because He is with me and has called me.
In awe of the One who gave it all
So I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours